We put a high priority on protecting your privacy.
We will not share your email address with anyone, and you can choose to stop hearing from us at any time — just ask.
All the details
When you register for special services on one of our sites, you give us personal information about yourself (such as name, address, zip code, email address, etc.). You can always opt out, now or at any time later, to keep from getting any unwanted messages or solicitations.
If you have any questions, please ask.
- What personally identifiable information of yours is collected?
- What organization is collecting your information?
- How your information may be used.
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use, and distribution of the information?
- What kind of security procedures are in place to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information?
- How you can access, update, or delete your information.
- How “cookies” are used.
- Official terms and conditions.
- How to opt out.
1. What personally identifiable information of yours is collected?
This means information that tells us something about who you are, such as your name, phone number, email address, mailing address, or even credit card number (if you use a credit card to make a donation).
If you visit our sites to read or download information, such as consumer brochures or press releases, we collect and store only the following non-personally identifying information about you: the name of the domain from which you access the Internet (for example, aol.com, if you are connecting from an America Online account, or princeton.edu if you are connecting from Princeton University’s domain); the date and time you access our site; which pages you visit; and the Internet address of the web site from which you may have linked directly to our site.
If you ask for one of our many personalized or enhanced services, we will ask you to provide us with personally identifiable information. For example, if you wish to contact your representative in Congress, we will ask for your address so that we can direct your communication to the correct member of Congress. We also keep a record of faxes and e-mails you send from our system, as well as your comments.
We want to be very clear: we only obtain this kind of personally-identifying information when you choose to provide it.
2. What organization is collecting your information?
We are Moms Clean Air Force, a non-profit, tax-deductible environmental advocacy and research organization, and Clean Air Moms Action, a non-profit, non-tax-deductible environmental advocacy and research organization. We are responsible for any information collected on our web sites. Our organizational sites are www.momscleanairforce.org and cleanairmomsaction.org.
3. How your information may be used
We use your personal information to give you personalized service (for example, information about your neighborhood, or your favorite subjects); to send you email alerts; to answer your requests; to let you become a member online, etc. You can opt out at any time to stop any further contact from us.
We also use it to track use of our web sites; this lets us see which of our features are the most popular so we can better serve our users’ needs. This also lets us provide aggregate data about our traffic (not identifying you personally, but showing how many visitors used which features, for example) to outside parties. Also see, “How ‘cookies’ are used.”
We may also use this information to suggest other web site services to you, ask you to become a member of Clean Air Moms Action , or to solicit donations. At any time you can opt out, so that we will not contact you by email, mail, fax, or telephone.
We may share your personally-identifiable information, as well as a record of transactions you conduct with us, with a third-party advertising partner and its service providers in order to deliver you advertising tailored to your interests when you visit certain websites. Our advertising partner will make the data we provide it anonymous. To learn more about the use of this information or to make choices about receiving personalized advertising on other sites, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative.
4. What choices are available to you regarding collection, use, and distribution of your information?
Now, or at any time in the future, you can correct or update your information by contacting us. And you can tell us not to send you any messages or solicitations at all.
5. What kind of security procedures are in place to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information?
We store your personally identifiable information on secure servers. We also use other “anti-hacking” security measures and employ security consultants. We use a secure server to process all credit card donations and updates to monthly billing.
6. How you can access, update, or delete your information
Please contact us to obtain, change, update or delete our records of your personal information, or to change your privacy options.
7. How “cookies” are used
Some of our web sites use “cookie” data to provide better services. They remind us who you are and how you like to use our web site, based on what you’ve done and told us before. The cookie is placed in your computer and is read when you come back to our web site. Cookies let us take you to the information and features you’re particularly interested in. They also let us track your and others’ usage, so we know which parts of our sites are most popular. You can reject cookies or delete them.
Google Analytics is used to analyze traffic to this web site. For more details about Google’s privacy practices, please see Google’s privacy center.
Should our practices change, this notice will be immediately updated. See Official Terms and Conditions of using our web sites.
9. Official terms and conditions
- Disclaimer. We do our very best to make all our information accurate. But we do not and cannot guarantee its accuracy. This means that if you rely on it, you cannot hold us at fault for any inaccuracies. Legalese version: Clean Air Moms Action makes no warranties, express or implied, about the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any of the information it provides to the public.
- Changes without notice. We may change any part of this policy, without any separate notice to users. The current policy will always be posted here. We will not change the overall purpose of this policy, which is to protect your privacy consistent with our goals as a non-profit advocacy organization dedicated to protecting the environment.
10. How to opt out
To opt-out from receiving content from Clean Air Moms Action or its partners and affiliates, please contact us.